Can't Change User

Dizzy49
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Dizzy49

I am using Emby Connect to connect to my remote Emby server.  It automatically connects as a certain user, and I can't seem to change the user.  I know previously we could change users, I set up additional users specifically so we weren't messing up each other's watched lists and things.

In Emby Theater I'd click on the profile in the upper right and select Log Out, then it would give me the choice of accounts to log in as.

I can't seem to get to that on my Fire TV.  If i use the fast lane to go to the very bottom, when I log out, it takes me to the Select Server screen.  When I select the server, it logs in with the same user.

I checked the settings and it's set to Display Login.

• Solution

Hi.  That is how Connect has always been designed.  It is a direct connection to a single user on a given server.  You cannot switch users.  If you want to be able to switch users (on the same server) then you don't want to use Connect.

• Like 1

Dizzy49

Hmmm, I thought that I needed to connect via Emby Connect to connect to my remote server.

I logged out of Emby Connect and sure enough, when I select the server now I'm prompted for the user.

Thank you!