DVR recording issue

jasonmcroy
Go to solution Solved by PenkethBoy,

jasonmcroy

I have the DVR set to record "All Episodes" of Supernatural. It is playing back to back on TNT. It will record the first occurring episode but then the second, third and so on episodes it fails to record. I use this recording as an example but it did the same thing overnight with another show on a different channel. 

Here is the latest log (look at time 12:59 where failure occurs):

embyserver.txt

I have never seen any issues with recording new episodes and I usually don't record repeats but this was a test I was running for a different reason.

I have another recording set up to start for a different show at 2:00pm. I will see how that one goes as well.

jasonmcroy

Now it doesn't seem to want to record anything and I can't tune to a channel using the Shield TV app. It says unable to play channels and suggests there may not be an available tuner, but they are all free and playback works fine from the native HDHomerun App.

Another log for you:

embyserver.txt

• Solution
PenkethBoy

try rebooting the emby server to free up the tuner slots on the server

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

try rebooting the emby server to free up the tuner slots on the server

I just rebooted and I set up two more recordings to happen at 6:00. We'll see how it goes. Weird that I have never had this issue with Emby before. 

PenkethBoy

sometimes the tuners get messed up in emby even though they are avaiable outside emby

there is a need for management functions

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

sometimes the tuners get messed up in emby even though they are avaiable outside emby

there is a need for management functions

Thanks. It seems to be recording correctly now.

I haven't been using Emby for recording in a little while but now that I have the Premium TV service from Silicondust and my OTA channels I think I want to go back to Emby doing everything since the ability to see what recordings are upcoming and on going is much easier to do in Emby than via SD's software. 

In the past times I have used it though I never had that happen. Is this something that happens often though? I'd hate to miss some of my actual recordings (today were just test recordings of nothing important) because this occurred.

maegibbons

@@Luke is introducing some more logging to try and track down non-recording issues.

Krs

Mark