Emby API Sessions

dyslexicjedi

dyslexicjedi

Server: Version 3.5.2.0 running on Ubuntu Server 16.04

Situation: I'm trying to figure out the best/correct way to get all playing items via API/WebSocket. Can you provide some guidance, what I've tried is below?

Previously: The websocket used to provide PlaybackStarted and PlaybackEnded messages, but apparently these don't exist anymore. Just ItemChanged which doesn't contain playstate. I've also pulled the /Sessions from API, but if you have multiple sessions open (ie two browser tabs open with different stuff playing) only one NowPlayingItem is returned in the json not both.

That is the right way. The api is currently not built to report multiple playback sessions for a single login session. It's something we'll revamp in the future. Thanks.

• 3 years later...

Yes but I'm not sure yet if it's going to come in the form of expanding the api, or just keeping all browser tabs synchronized so that only one thing is playing, thus solving the problem.

iloveparks

Just so I understand - in the second option would you not be able to play two different things in two different tabs?