IOS WOL

daveyravey1972

daveyravey1972

Hi 

Using emby on my Iphone and the WOL feature doesnt seem to work anymore. When i try and wake server it just keeps trying circle rotating. It used to work so don't know if i need to change something in settings ?

Hi, I tested it this morning and it seemed to be working just fine. Please let me know if you still have an issue on the 1.5.7 app release. Thanks.

daveyravey1972

Hi, I tested it this morning and it seemed to be working just fine. Please let me know if you still have an issue on the 1.5.7 app release. Thanks.

i would like to participate in beta builds i have send you a pm with my details

Ok, I'll send the invite with the next beta, but for now beta and release are currently the same at 1.5.7. Thanks.

daveyravey1972

still same problem (for me anyway) when trying to wake server just loops on 

"attempting to wake server" please wait......

Something i need to change in server app or in windows?

magic packet works on other apps so something for me at least has changed

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. My emby server is on a mac computer and WOL doesn't work. If the computer is running I can access the server without problem and very fast. But if the computer is in sleep mode no way.

for the first point my answer is yes. I have activated Wake for network access.

For the rest I am sorry but I don't agree with this kind of complex procedure through terminal and recovery mode. I use Plex too and haven't nothing to do to wake up the computer. Only to start the Plex application and the computer wake up. Why it is not possible with Emby? I wanted to use Emby because the metadata management is better (unfortunately not really good) than by Plex but I am afraid because of the not really practicable WOL I hav to go back to Plex.

By the way the WOL doesn't work correct also inside the home network and not only by trying to login from an external computer over Internet.

best regards

The server 3.5.3.0 is on a mac pro with High Sierra (Mac OS 10.13.6)

To wake up the server I use Emby for iOS 1.7.0 or the web browser.

it also doesn't work inside my network. I get first the screen with choose a server. I choose my server, then connect or wake up the server with the same result: unable to connect to the server.

If I wake up the mac with another software like e.g. Fing I can access to the Emby server. It works only inside my network. I haven't at this time a solution from outside.

best regards

After  less than 30 s the computer go back to sleep mode even if I am looking a film and after a while the film stop playing and I have the problem again to connect with the computer. The only way is to wake up the computer with the server locally and to disable the sleep mode to see the whole film, otherwise the stream will stop again by enter in the sleep mode (5, 10 or … min depend of the set up)

best regards

I have found one problem. My mac Pro had the tarn mode activated. After deactivation I can some time wake up the computer inside my network but it is very long because the app search first the computer, then I have to search wake up and if it works to choose connect. Not very comfortable. Outside my network: nothing

best regards

The server 3.5.3.0 is on a mac pro with High Sierra (Mac OS 10.13.6)

To wake up the server I use Emby for iOS 1.7.0 or the web browser.

it also doesn't work inside my network. I get first the screen with choose a server. I choose my server, then connect or wake up the server with the same result: unable to connect to the server.

If I wake up the mac with another software like e.g. Fing I can access to the Emby server. It works only inside my network. I haven't at this time a solution from outside.

best regards

First of all, web browsers are not able to send wake on lan packets, so this is never going to work. It should work with the iOS app though.

I have found one problem. My mac Pro had the tarn mode activated. After deactivation I can some time wake up the computer inside my network but it is very long because the app search first the computer, then I have to search wake up and if it works to choose connect. Not very comfortable. Outside my network: nothing

best regards

Currently our wake on lan implementation is only supported on the local network. It's possible that in the future we'll support this remotely, but even if we do that, it will require you to configure your router for it.