Chromecast - Sound bar not working

Thuzad

Thuzad

Hello,

On the application downloaded on the apple store the sound bar does not work when connected to a chromecast. The other buttons work well.

Log sent by PM

Thuzad

If I move the sound bar, it does not change, it remains at the same level on the chromecast.
While on a computer under chrome the sound is well modified (increased, decreased)

Edited by Floflobel

tuxflux

This has been an issue for me as well for a long time. I haven't really been that bothered before because I had a remote to an amp, but after switching to a solution where I no longer have the remote, it's kind of annoying that I have to get up and change the volume manually since I'm using a TOSlink output to a DAC.

Same issue as OP. The volume bar in the app does nothing, and using the change volume buttons on the side of my iPhone 7 doesn't change the volume either.  :blink:

When I use other apps like YouTube or Netflix, everything works fine. It's a regular 1080p Chromecast if that makes any difference.

Would love to see this solved!  :D

Edited by tuxflux
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thuzad

I saw the fix in the last beta (3.6.0.54), I wait for the package to be available for linux and I'll do a test. Is there a correction on the mobile app ?

• 2 weeks later...
The sound bar works perfectly on my chromecast! Thank you for the work!  :D

I also tested at a friend's house with a chromecast integrated in his box TV and it did not change the sound, the bar was displayed well. I will do some tests and provide you the logs when I have the opportunity to repeat the test