New OTA HD HomeRun Extend setup missing channels

inzombyac
Go to solution Solved by inzombyac,

inzombyac

I was trying to configure a new Live TV setup and am encountering an issue where Emby only shows a few of the available channels.  I am using a new HDHomeRun Extend tuner with OTA channels.  The HDHomeRun configuration is complete and everything is working with the HDHomeRun app.  When I go through the Emby configuration, my tuner is detected correctly.  The next step is to add the Guide data.  I have a Schedules Direct account and used that for the guide source.  I added my county (US), zip code and selected antenna as the source.  After that I went to the map channels step and my channels are correctly mapped.  When I go to the Emby client I am only seeing a small subset of my channels.  Attached is my server log from the original attempt.

After that run I deleted the Live TV configuration and restarted the server.  This time I added the channels only and did not add a guide.  If I go to the Live TV section in the client, I am able to see all the channels that were configured in the tuner.  I can play these and they work fine.  After testing the channels I went back to the Live TV setup and added the guide with the same settings as before.  Once added, the channels disappeared again.  This setup is captured in the second log.

I'd appreciate any help on this one.  For now I have setup everything in NextPVR and am using the plugin for that.  Everything via the plugin is fine, but I would like configure Emby directly so that I have two clients I can use.  Some other things that I have tried:

• Configure the guide using a different zip code in my area - In this case less channels are mapped, but only the same subset appear in the client
  • Reconfigure the tuner to only use the "Restrict to channels marked as favorite" option - I marked all my main ones in the HDHomeRun tuner.  In this case I end up with even less channels

Here are some screens that show the problems:

1) This is the configuration where I have added the tuner without the guide.  Note that channel 4.1 (WBZ-DT) appears

5b86f29c673bf_PreMapping.png

2) Channel mapping screen after adding the guide.  Note that 4.1 WBZ-DT is mapped automatically

5b86f2c28699b_Mapping.png

3) Final result in Live TV channels section.  I am missing most of my channels including 4.1

5b86f2e6db8eb_PostMapping.png

Edited by inzombyac

inzombyac

I refreshed the guide from the live to section and the scheduled tasks but the result is the same. It seems that Emby is purposely hiding the channels. I tried making the hidden ones to another change in the guide but it still won't show up. Any thoughts?

Sammy

Are you using Schedules Direct? If so, report it to them as it is probably missing data on their or Gracenote's end.

inzombyac

I am using Schedules Direct.  The data is there as I have NextPVR setup with the same tuner and Schedules Direct data.  To rule out the guide data missing, I went to their site and did a preview of the lineup.  It gave me the following URL and has all my channels: http://www.schedulesdirect.org/lineups/report2/01756/PC%3A01756. I am seeing exceptions in my log file so I am wondering if it is related to these:

2018-08-28 10:30:03.144 Error App: Error getting programs for channel WCVB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.2.0
	Command line: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: ListingsId required
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.SchedulesDirect.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannelFromTunerChannel(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, ChannelInfo tunerChannel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTime startDateUtc, DateTime endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	System.Exception
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.Listings.SchedulesDirect.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannelFromTunerChannel(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, ChannelInfo tunerChannel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTime startDateUtc, DateTime endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

• Solution
inzombyac

Ok, I found the source but it's a weird one.  All of the missing channels appear in the metadata manager.  Each of them have a tag called "Kids".  I use parental controls on my account to hide anything with that tag so I don't see my kid's shows.  I deleted the tags from the channels and now everything shows up.  However if I refresh the guide the tag comes back.  So I created a new tag to replace the "kids" one I use for hiding content and now everything works.  Still a puzzle as to why some channels get this tag but I am up and running

mirxman54

Need some help

Trying to add a schedules direct EPG but keep getting ALERT

There was an error adding the line up to your schedules direct account. SD only allows a limited number of line ups per account.  You may need to log into SD website and remove other listings fromyour account.  

I emailed SD and they said the following:  The json service is driven by an API, so which ever APPLICATION you used to add the lineup will have a delete function.

Need some help please

Need some help

Trying to add a schedules direct EPG but keep getting ALERT

There was an error adding the line up to your schedules direct account. SD only allows a limited number of line ups per account.  You may need to log into SD website and remove other listings fromyour account.  

I emailed SD and they said the following:  The json service is driven by an API, so which ever APPLICATION you used to add the lineup will have a delete function.

Need some help please

Hi, are you on windows?

garyan2

Seriously, @@Luke? Everyone can understand that the capability to remove a lineup from their Schedules Direct account is not yet a part of emby, but I see no evidence that EPG Collector supports such an action. If you want to actually help your users out, and not frustrate them to no end, recommend either EPG123 or some other 3rd party tool (if there is one). Heck, recommend they contact Schedules Direct directly to ask for the lineup to be removed... just please stop directing them to EPG Collector!

Now how can it be any easier than the below? Login, click the [Lineups] button, check the checkbox next to the lineup you want to remove, click the [Remove Selected] button, and finish with the [Apply & Exit] button. Voila, done, finito.

5b93570148759_removeLineup.png

EDIT: I should also note that you don't even have to install anything. Just download the portable and run the epg123.exe file to get the above. When done, dispose of as you see fit.

Edited by garyan2