65 replies to this topic

#21 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

I've been able to receive the updates on non-xbox devices so i think there is just a problem with xbox installing certain apps right now. Not all obviously, but some.

#22 sittingmongoose OFFLINE  

sittingmongoose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

I am having the same issue as well. No issues with other apps installing. Tried rebooting Xbox, even power cycling it. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but now I have no emby at all.
  • Sarithz and VolackPonCoalPonVolack like this

#23 xxJonoxx OFFLINE  

xxJonoxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Local time: 06:30 PM

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

I'm running an X1X if it helps - I'm at work so I can't check the X1S till much later.

I'm also using the AU store. 

#24 VolackPonCoalPonVolack OFFLINE  

VolackPonCoalPonVolack

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:21 PM

I've been able to receive the updates on non-xbox devices so i think there is just a problem with xbox installing certain apps right now. Not all obviously, but some.

I’ve been able to update a few other apps and games personally. The Emby App is now unusable until the update goes through. As a lifetime supporter this is inexcusable. Please get on this sooner rather then later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by VolackPonCoalPonVolack, 29 August 2018 - 07:21 PM.

#25 Sarithz OFFLINE  

Sarithz

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 01:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:50 PM

Still a no go to update or install. 43GB ESO update went through without issue as did YouTube and other apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • VolackPonCoalPonVolack likes this

#26 nagetech OFFLINE  

nagetech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:24 PM

If you go to the network settings on your Xbox it will show there is a problem with the purchase and content system. Affecting some users but not others.

It’s not emby, it’s microsoft. Just hang tight :)
  • FrostByte likes this

#27 Sarithz OFFLINE  

Sarithz

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 01:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

That’s why I still keep my AppleTV and Roku around, lol.

Backup to a backup to a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 nagetech OFFLINE  

nagetech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

I wish I had kept my spare roku. Hell I’d kill for a chrome cast right now lol

#29 davedick OFFLINE  

davedick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 12:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

wouldn't the edge browser on the XB1 work as a temporary replacement?

#30 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Local time: 08:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:05 PM

Ember for emby is my working replacement right now. It's also available in the app store.

#31 VolackPonCoalPonVolack OFFLINE  

VolackPonCoalPonVolack

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:28 PM

Very interesting, thanks for the tip!

#32 schmitty OFFLINE  

schmitty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Local time: 05:30 PM
  • LocationMorwell, VIC AU

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:11 AM

After trying different troubleshooting methods, I finally and stupidly decided to try removing then installing again... I stuffed myself up. :(
I have to resort to DLNA playback via Media Player.

#33 AndyBak OFFLINE  

AndyBak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:56 AM

#metoo Failing on my XB1X and my daughters XB1S. Other apps/games seem to be updating, installing without issue.

#34 VolackPonCoalPonVolack OFFLINE  

VolackPonCoalPonVolack

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:16 AM

Ember is working ok for me. I’m doing the trial and it seems like a pretty well laid out app that seems to be worth 4.99.

#35 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:39 AM

Ember is working ok for me. I’m doing the trial and it seems like a pretty well laid out app that seems to be worth 4.99.

Yeah don't get me wrong.  I prefer to use the official Emby Theater app.  There are a lot more options and functionality there but if for some reason there is an issue preventing Emby Theater from working it's nice to have a backup if you just want to watch a movie.

#36 fistfullofbeer OFFLINE  

fistfullofbeer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 12:30 AM

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

It definitely is a good software. This issue is a strange one and I have not encountered it before but unless it continues over an extended period, I am not going to be overly concerned. I do have lifetime licenses of both Plex and Emby. I prefer to use Emby on my Xbox 1 as the Emby UI is a lot friendlier on the Xbox as opposed to the Plex. I am still using Plex on my Roku and can still choose to do that on the Xbox if push comes to shove.

#37 nagetech OFFLINE  

nagetech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

https://support.xbox...box-live-status

Just in case anyone wants a quick shortcut to where it tells you about Xbox live status. Just have to wait for the "Purchase & Content Usage" problem to get resolved so we can go back to emby.

It is amazing that this is the second xbox live outage that has happened in what, 2 weeks?, that has killed my ability to use the xbox/emby for my nightly rituals. I'm starting to think using the xbox one as my "media hub" is a bad idea and should consider going back to the Roku, or even giving the Apple TV a shot.

• ebr likes this

#38 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

https://support.xbox...box-live-status

Just in case anyone wants a quick shortcut to where it tells you about Xbox live status. Just have to wait for the "Purchase & Content Usage" problem to get resolved so we can go back to emby.

It is amazing that this is the second xbox live outage that has happened in what, 2 weeks?, that has killed my ability to use the xbox/emby for my nightly rituals. I'm starting to think using the xbox one as my "media hub" is a bad idea and should consider going back to the Roku, or even giving the Apple TV a shot.

I do agree.  I am still a loyalist though because it is nice to have gaming for myself and my kids, live tv, and emby in one device.  A lot of issues can be attributed to Microsoft. I keep my skin in the game cause I keep hoping that I can finally have all of these things working together harmoniously on one box.  Fingers crossed.

• nagetech and VolackPonCoalPonVolack like this

#39 nagetech OFFLINE  

nagetech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:43 PM

@Scott310

I agree, I love the idea of it as well, but damn, its ridiculous how much the xbox one gets crippled when something @ M$oft takes a crap.

Like when xbox live core services went down, I couldn't even sign into my live account just to watch emby. @Luke was made aware of this and I think in a different post he  was going to look into the emby app not needing to actually sign on to live to make use of it. I guess I just want things to work without worrying about a cloud service crapping out and killing my ability to watch my LOCAL media.

#40 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

We opened a support ticket with MS yesterday so we are just waiting to hear back at this point. Thanks.

• FrostByte and VolackPonCoalPonVolack like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox One, Installation Stopped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users