Emby app transcodes supported subtitles

seanpcoll

seanpcoll

I can direct play the file under Dana without transcoding. I can shove it on a usb and play it with subtitles just fine. When I use the app, it keeps on saying that it’s transcoding the subtitles cause the format isn’t supported. 5ey are dvdsub sand it is a supported format on my uhd smart tv. I can play them just fine when I directly access it.

I can direct play the file under Dana without transcoding. I can shove it on a usb and play it with subtitles just fine. When I use the app, it keeps on saying that it’s transcoding the subtitles cause the format isn’t supported. 5ey are dvdsub sand it is a supported format on my uhd smart tv. I can play them just fine when I directly access it.

i had similar problem,  My problem disappeared when i removed any secondary  language on the system running emby server.

in my exempel i had to remove swedish from my ubuntu server completely and only use english.  after doing a reboot after this all works awesome.  

(it also remove problem i had with titles not being able to play at all if you notice any of that?)

seanpcoll

I just noticed in the playback setting that there is a subtitle option that gives either an auto, image, and all subtitles for burning in. If the player supports image subtitles wouldn't that setting still cause them to burn in? or does it take into account the device profile?

• 1 month later...

i had similar problem,  My problem disappeared when i removed any secondary  language on the system running emby server.

in my exempel i had to remove swedish from my ubuntu server completely and only use english.  after doing a reboot after this all works awesome.  

(it also remove problem i had with titles not being able to play at all if you notice any of that?)

I don't intend to hijack this topic but i am facing the same problem with DVDSUB using embyserver on Ubuntu.

I would like to try your quickfix but can you explain to me what you mean with "removing secondary language" ?

Thanks in advance.

go to language in Ubuntu and remove any extra language in there so you only have English as system language. after this you get a question if you like to adapt some files to the language. except that. now it should work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

go to language in Ubuntu and remove any extra language in there so you only have English as system language. after this you get a question if you like to adapt some files to the language. except that. now it should work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you for this fast reply, ill check it out !

Hi there, let's look at an example. please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

https://pastebin.com/zhzbZPph <-- ffmpeg-transcode, Emby Theater 1.0.44 (1.0.45 on the other TV reacts the same).

Same as Seanpcoll, my Samsung tv's are able to play it when i directly connect it to the TV.

So it only happens when using the Samsung Emby TV app.

My android mobile does play it without encoding with the emby app.

As suggested i removed all system languages except English from the server, without succes.