Music Library (WMA) Shield TV not Playing

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

EODCrafter

I have finally got to the Point where I have added all my Music to Emby Server and a lot of the files are .wma format. They play on Web Interface (Server Admin) and ES File Explorer (Shield Box) just fine but when I play them in the Emby Shield client it shows the Song track as playing (equalizer) but I have no sound. MP3's play just fine and I have no other Audio Problems. I use a HDMI cable connected from the Shield box to the TV. Is there a easy fix for this or do I need to upload Logs Ect to diagnose this problem? I have tried restarting the Server and the Shield Box several times already and it did not fix. TIA

AndroidTv 1.6.15g

Here's the Log, In it I tried to Play 2 Songs that won't play (sound) and the third would Play (sound)...

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Hi.  Is it possible for you to test this with the beta version of the app?

I tried the Beta Version With the Collection Problem and it did not work too Well. I suppose I have no choice now since half my Library will not function now. I will Be a Beta Tester once again....

22g the Latest Beta Version? I can Report that Collections are still Broken as well as the Music No Sound as described above. Do I need to reboot the Shield or Server?

EDIT: Collections are working now after I re-added them all!

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

I'm gonna try to sideload the Android phone app since it works flawlessly. Yes Works fine on the Side Loaded Phone App....Just can't Navigate worth a flip :)

On the Beta App for Shield (22g) It gets to this screen here and does nothing...(if this helps)

5b854e14177f1_20180828_082530.jpg

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

I may have a solution (to my problem)... I am in the process of transferring the entire Server to Shield. I'm not quite sure yet how to link my Google Drive Music Folder with the server yet. On Windows I did that with Drive File Stream. I will let you know if I can do this with a google Drive Link...

Note: Not Able to access Google Drive from Android with Emby...Abandoning this option.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Hi, it shouldn't matter what platform your server is on.

Ok, thanks, But since we mainly watch TV in the Den, It's a needed move (I really don't like leaving this Server PC running 24/7 anyway due to power consumption.)...Works great so far BTW!

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

WMA is just not a very common format so we probably need to tell the app to transcode it.

It used to be years ago when my Wife Ripped our 1000's of CD Collection onto her computer and later uploaded to my Google Drive. Is there a way to Convert them to MP3's While they are on Google Drive? I will save you the trouble of supporting this :) .

Thanks for the effort.....

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Hey Hey! I enabled Transcoding on the Server and it Worked! (At the Same Time I also added Google Drive Plugin and Created a Sync, maybe this was it). Anyway, all is working even with the Non-Beta App for Shield!

EDIT: Spoke too soon...Seems to be a intermittent problem. Looks Like they all need to be Synced and Converted. Does anyone have a answer as to why this is so? X-Plore, ES File Explorer, and Android client can all play these files just fine without hours of Syncing and Converting and Tons of Google Drive Space.

5b86a51928a87_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

I give up.....After a 120Gb of Syncing and converting to MP3's the Music still won't play. Guess this is another feature I'll just have to wait on.

Thanks.

Hey Hey! I enabled Transcoding on the Server and it Worked!

Ah, okay, so you had transcoding disabled on your server?  Did you read the little note about how that could cause playback to fail in some apps :).

EODCrafter

Ah, okay, so you had transcoding disabled on your server?  Did you read the little note about how that could cause playback to fail in some apps :).

EDIT: Spoke too soon...Seems to be a intermittent problem. Looks Like they all need to be Synced and Converted. Does anyone have a answer as to why this is so? X-Plore, ES File Explorer, and Android client can all play these files just fine without hours of Syncing and Converting and Tons of Google Drive Space.

I enabled It and it worked for a minute then the next time I tried to play the music it didn't work. What Setting would I even use for trans coding? I have a GeForce G-610 Video card and a intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz Cpu. I'm guessing Intel?

Where's that note at that your talking about @@ebr

5b887c110301f_Capture.png

Thanks @@Luke for the Cloud Sync Info. Unfortunately that just takes up too much of the Google Drive and may draw unnecessary attention since I have a unlimited Drive that was courtesy of my University.  

Edited by EODCrafter

• Solution
EODCrafter

I have decided to go thru all the WMA's and convert them to MP3's and delete the WMA's folder by folder. Might take a month but it will be done right.