Roku Channel and Default Audio Language

dddiversified

dddiversified

I've searched to no avail for an answer.

I have several movies with multiple audio tracks.

The default audio track on the movie may not always be English.

Pressing " * " during the movie shows the Select Audio menu item as disabled and "Default" grayed out.

Q - Can I force the Roku Emby app to always play English audio even thought it's not the primary audio track?

Is this specific to the Emby Server setup or the Roku Emby channel options?

Cheers & Thanks,

DD

Edited by dddiversified

Hi, try going into the Emby web app and click your user icon in the top right. From there you can set your user language preferences. Once you've done that, restart the roku app. Thanks.

Hi.  Can you also try hitting any key other than the '*' key during playback and then using our OSD to select the audio menu.  What do you see there?

5b8400a6293e2_rokuaudiobutton.png

Turosian

I've recently installed Emby server because it looks like it handles media naming in a much more flexible (and saner, IMHO) way than Plex.  The setting you've suggested above was a great help to me in watching my Anime, however, I think it would be better for me if I could set this at the media Library level as well.  I would like to have Subtitles turned on all the time for my Anime Library, and want Japanese to be my default language, but this is not what I want when I'm watching movies.  For my movies, I want English to be the default language, and no subtitles.  I suppose I could create two users, one for watching Anime and the other for movies, but that feels a bit Kludgy, IMHO.  Am I missing something?  For my use, it would be great to be able to define Audio/subtitles for each user by library.

Thanks!