Not finding movies

joy4u2

@@stormense, can you please go over an example? Thanks !

I have been using Plex on windows for last three years but my win laptop crashed so I have installed emby server on my MEECOOL Pro L, connected my 2 4TB Externals one with Movies another with TV Serials, frustrated with KODI as it didn't recognize most of my files, I WAS DANCING when emby recognized all my TV Serials, when I started with movies it did not recognize ANY!!! Let me give you the scenario:

1. Android TV OS Version 7.1.2

2. MECOOL PRO L (M8S PRO L)

3.Connected to the router with RJ45 and HDMI to TV 

4. 2 External HDD Seagate 4TB

5. TV Serials works like a CHARM [113 TV Shows| PLEX: ALL | KODI: 78 | emby: ALL]  :)

6. Movies not even one [1800 Movies PLEX: ALL | KODI: 1132 | emby: NONE]  :o  :o

The Scan had Finished, I have deleted and rebuild the library a few times everytime the scan slows down around 85% and then completes after 30 min or so. A tried to even put a single movie to a folder for testing "Movies->Movie_Name(Folder)->Movie_Name.avi" it didn't work 

@@joy4u2 can you please go over an example? thanks.

@[membe=Luke], u asked the same thing to @stormense I thought I was answering, I gave you the scenario, what exactly you are looking for when you say example

I don't see a specific example there, just a general report. How did you set your library up in Emby? Can you show a screenshot of the folders on your file system, as well as what you see in emby? thanks.

I don't see a specific example there, just a general report. How did you set your library up in Emby? Can you show a screenshot of the folders on your file system, as well as what you see in emby? thanks.

Hello Luke,

For an experiment, I installed EMBY on my WIN10 laptop and tried the same External HD and it worked, sending you the screenshots of both

OnAndroid

5b807921c0325_OnAndroid_Screenshot_1.png 5b80794b5b9aa_OnAndroid_Screenshot_2.png

5b807969f397d_OnAndroid_Screenshot_3.png

5b8079a092048_OnAndroid_Screenshot_4.png

On WIN 10

5b8079d343b53_OnWIN10_Screenshot_1.png

5b8079fcd8e2f_OnWIN10_Screenshot_2.png

Hope this helps, not sending you the directory/folder listing as the same structure is working on WIN 10, if you still want it let me know, I will send it across.

Thanx for all the help.

Cheers!!!

Jay

Ok, try removing the second folder. You cant' do nested combinations like that.

I guess you are talking about the WIN 10 box and that is not the issue at all, the problem is that I can't see even a single Movie in the Android box and see 90% in the WIN10 Box, with the SAME external HD, so there are no issues with HD or my directory structure, is it a version issue? Using the 3.4.1.22, can you please resolve this as I have to start my subscription by 8th of next month. 

He's talking about this:

5b81578e9e3e0_nestedfolder.png

Remove that second folder from the library setup.  You cannot do that - have a location that is a subset of another location already defined.  The results will be unpredictable...

He's talking about this:

5b81578e9e3e0_nestedfolder.png

Remove that second folder from the library setup.  You cannot do that - have a location that is a subset of another location already defined.  The results will be unpredictable...

Actually, that screenshot was from WIN10 section, which I'm not concerned about, I'm concerned about the Android part.

Thanx,

Cheers!!!

Jay