Recording on NAS is a struggle

heula

heula

When I ran Emby Server on the pc and also recorded with it I never had any issues with the recordings like I have now on my NAS.

Now I run Emby Server on my Synology DS418 and also record on the NAS. I notice that all my recordings have missing pieces from time to time and there are glitches. Mostly first I see a glitch and than there is poiece missing or it just continues again.

In the evening when most recordings are going on I have stopped all other activity on the NAS for as much as possible. No Emby tasks or whatever that could be causing these glitches etc.

Using Emby Server for Synology NAS 3.5.2.0

HDhomerun Expand HDHR3-4DC

When I watch TV with Emby it stops for a second and continues often. When I watch TV from the HDhomerun app on my PC everything goes smooth without any problem.

What can be the reason for this?

FpQuyn8.jpg

cgWbkwd.jpg

Log.txt

Edited by heula

PenkethBoy

Thats a huge log and has a huge number of errors for lots of reasons

try creating a smaller one by restarting your server and recording something and then post a new log with times when you did the recordings

One reason for the recording having issues might be that is a very low power NAS without much horsepower and just struggles to do what you need.

heula

Well, I think it is Emby related. 

I have updated my DVBlogic software to TVMosaic and installed it so it does record into the same folder as Emby does.

Tested with multiple recordings and all recordings are good without any issues.

Sorry @@Luke, I'm switching back to this software because it does a better job than Emby at this point.

heula

I tested playing live tv with Emby on my pc with Google Chrome with continues stops etc.

On my android phone it played better.

But that is not really the issue. The recordings are/ were.

• 3 weeks later...

We are working on improving this, thanks.

Great, too late for me because I have a steady thing going on now with TVMosaic and I have no reason to change back again.

Thanks.