Is anyone using emby for MCE?

ipguy

unisoft

Ok thanks ebr,

I'll have to stay on MB 2.6.2 for that box then, but on main devices will hopefully move across to Emby 3.x once I have some meta data issues for TV shows sorted out and really hoping some feature requests posted around configuration of enabling or disabling menu options on the view (like Upcoming, trailers), and font made bigger on LG TV app menu options and the A-Z picker. Also adding 'GENRES' as a drop down menu option to be default screen when going into TV or movie library. Other options are in the dropdown, but not this one and seen others request it too.

Once I see some of these happen, I'll jump in with lifetime support; may be even canning MB 2.6.2 box too.

• 4 weeks later...
jachin99

I lifetime supported Emby because of Emby for WMC! Square theme still tops all other layouts that I've seen!

-n

I can't remember if you have to pay for the square theme BUT it has gone missing from the plugin site.  Could you share it, and possibly any other themes you might have?  I believe the author abandoned it long ago, and it dropped off of the site. 

RobsterUK

I'm still using WMC with Emby. On a Win 7 HTPC. Happily been running for about 7 years.

I have made the jump to using EPG123 which is still actively supported and negates the need to rely on Microsoft for anything.

Primary use is Live TV, DVR, & Emby for WMC. Do not browse the web or access games and occasionally use the Music or photos function, but not often.

I frequently record TV in HD to watch in another room on another PC. For me this an essential feature.

As everything is working well I have not been tempted to mess with it and explore Emby Theatre or using the LIVE TV functions within Emby.
Emby server installed on a Synology NAS with SickBeard, Couch Potato, SABnzbd all working great.

I am interested to see what Emby Theatre is like, but the premium cost to only provide what is already working well isn't a big enough feature for me I'm afraid.

Edited by RobsterUK
  • Like 1

I still use WMC on my Windows 10 PC and it just works. It still looks great and everything works how I want it to. I can turn subtitles on and off with a single button press, it looks cleaner and the only thing I miss is the free themes that disappeared awhile ago.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We're still using Win7 with WMC and Emby for MCE on two HTPCs and two laptops. WMC is being fed digital cable from a Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH. Still the best cable solution to date and was a perfect all-in-one solution with Emby and the Netflix WMC app when it was still around.