Poster images not displaying properly

wedgekc
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

wedgekc

I have a cheap Chinese android box (a95x pro) that runs android tv version 7.1.  For some reason posters and thumbs look larger than normal and my movie and tv libraries are only showing part of the poster images (attached images).  Does any one know what might be causing this?

Thanks.

post-130277-0-05281100-1535117918_thumb.png

post-130277-0-50110200-1535117937_thumb.png

post-130277-0-93985900-1535117951_thumb.png

maegibbons

Yes - you have a cheap Chinese android box - that is not fully andoid TV compatible.

Krs

Mark

wedgekc

Yeah.  I know. Unfortunately, I live in a place where Nvidia Shields are very hard to come by.  Just trying to make do with what I can get locally.

I don't think I've seen that exact issue before but it must be that the device is not reporting a proper pixel density for the display.

That is clearly the mobile OS as you can see the touch icons on the bottom of the screen.

Does it have the proper Android TV launcher as the device home screen?

wedgekc

Yes, It has the proper Android TV launcher on the home screen with Emby, Youtube recommendations, etc.  I know I'm playing with fire with the cheap Chinese android boxes, just thought I would ask in case I was overlooking something.  Other Android TV apps like Youtube look normal though.  Videos play fine in Emby, so it's not a big inconvenience.

Thanks

• Solution

Try changing the poster size with that cog wheel shown in the upper right and see if either of the other two display better.

Also, look for any text or other scaling settings in the OS/device itself and make sure they are at 100% and not something greater.

• Like 1

wedgekc

Thanks for getting me on the right track!  It was a dpi issue.  Once I changed the density (adb shell wm density 320) to 320 (same as the shield) through adb everything looked normal.

Edited by wedgekc