HDHomerun Unit Smart Tuner Usage

Erik

Would it be possible for Emby to choose tuners based on their type/capabilities?

For example, I have 2 HDhomerun Extend boxes that handle all of my OTA shows (To get the hardware transcoding and maximum capability for the client devices in my house). I would like to add a HDhomerun connect to get an extra 2 tuners for use with the new "premium channels" since they are already provided in the desired formats.

So, could Emby select the "premium channels" first from the Connect unit until both streams are in use and then fall back to the Extend unit.

I have no antenna plugged into the Connect Unit specifically so that the OTA channels are forced to come from the Extend units only.

Thanks,

Erik

You can't do exactly what you are asking here now but you could allow only certain channels on each tuner by disabling the ones you don't want with the HDHR interface.

Thanks @@ebr

That's what i have done at the moment. Both Extend units have the channel list with only the OTA channels that i want with the "Gold Star" and I set Emby to "Restrict to channels marked as favorite". So that will guarantee those units are used for the OTA hardware transcoding.

At the moment then, if I add the Connect unit and only mark it for the "premiere channels" then i only get 2 channels available. Otherwise, i would pick up another connect or Quatro and make it dedicated to the premium channels.

So it was a consideration to have smart logic on tuner choice for the future.