Emby Records Same Episode Multiple Times

Dizzy49

Dizzy49

I have several series that keep recording episodes multiple times.  The big one is Fixer Upper.  In my recording directory I have "Fixer Upper (2013)" and "Fixer Upper (2014)", and both have near full set of episodes.  On top of that, I have the series in my TV folder, and I was expecting it to just download the missing episodes (that I'd manually move later).

I will note that the ones that are problematic are the recordings that I set up a while ago.

You can see that there is the .ts, as well as multiple .mkv files.

5b7e5ca18510b_Screenshot_1.jpg

I'm going to cancel them all and remake them and see how it goes.  I'm also going to move all of the existing folders out of the recording folder.  

I could have sworn there was a setting to transcode the .ts to .mkv, but I can't find it (unless it's the general transcoding settings).  My .mkv files aren't very much smaller than the .ts files, I'd like to lower the settings a bit.

Dizzy49

I will note that the ones that are problematic are the recordings that I set up a while ago.

I stand corrected, one of the ones we just set up a week ago also has multiple recordings for the same episode.  All are .ts, no .mkv files :(

I just deleted over 3TB of duplicate episodes.

It's too late to try and guess what might have happened in the past. If it happens again, please capture the emby server log. thanks.