Pull Guide Data from Multiple Lineups

otispresley

otispresley

Yesterday, I was demo'ing the Premium TV service https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/ from SiliconDust and discovered that there is no one guide source on Scheduled Direct that has all my channels now since some are OTA and the rest are Cable. 

Would it be possible to pull data from multiple guides and allow people to map their channels using data from all the lineups?

Sammy

Yes. This feature already exists.

In Server Management > Tuner Devices > TV Guide Data Providers..

Add another guide. I used att Uverse but am probably going to try again with Comcast. It is not near my area but the numbering more closely aligns and less mapping will be needed. My issue currently is that the guide logos are not quite right. Still working a solution but since Emby allows multiple guide data providers it is better than Plex which only allows one. Now if it would only allow channel number re-mapping.

5b7bfc6bf3324_TVGuideDataProviders.jpg

5b7bfc7d9af8d_MapChannels.jpg

5b7bfca70f9f9_ChannelList.jpg

5b7bfcc51d0f6_SelectChannel.jpg

Edited by Sammy

otispresley

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for the clarification! I did not know you could add Schedules Direct twice and did not think of it.

• Like 1

Sammy

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for the clarification! I did not know you could add Schedules Direct twice and did not think of it.

Yes, You can have up to four different guide data providers and then tweak as needed using the mapping function. Very slick! This is because some people have both OTA tuners and CableCARD tuners and it allows one to have a merged guide. Comes in handy here too.

Another possibility is what I do and that is to use WebGrab+Plus to pull EPG data from different sources (including free sources).  Using this method you can build separate EPG files or a combined file that can be used for OTA, Cable and IPTV sources.

I currently build 3 files (OTA, Cable, IPTV) to cover the sources I use. I might split out the HDHomeRun Premium TV to a 4th source since it's unique.

Carlo

mlcarson

Is there any way to do a null mapping.  My experience has been with Schedules Direct that it uses the channel number no matter what.    You can't remove a mapping that automatches.   So, I've been using a layered approach by using other EPG sources first since it appears that the first match wins.