Can't connect with Android Mobile since server update

balou86

balou86

Hi,

I was running until today Emby 3.3.1. on my local server Debian 9. I had it installed via the repo with apt-get. Everything was working fine, using it on my local network with computer browser or the Emby android app on my phone.

Today I decided to update to Emby 3.5.2. I updated it with dpkg, since the repo seems deprecated (stuck on 3.3.1).

I didn't notice any problem using my browser, though I can't connect anymore on my android app (it just cannot see my server).

LAN address is displayed in the dashboard (http://192.168.1.99:8096/) and as I said , no probleme logging with my computer browser.

I'm quite lost as how to debug it, since I dont find any com.mb.android directory in my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

balou86

Problem solved,

My post actually lacked a lot of infos...

My problem was actually not getting access to emby, when connected to my server via my personnal VPN (I use to access Emby in local with my smartphone connected with OpenVPN, as I dont want to open http auth).

I figured out that Emby didn't recognise my VPN ip (10.8.0.3) as a local network, thus it was not authorising it access. Adding my vpn subnet (10.8.0.1/24) in the "LocalNetworkSubnets" , in advanced settings did the trick.

I have still no idea why Emby 3.3.1 did recognise my vpn ip as a local network, and why 3.5.2 did not...

Interesting, thanks for the info! Glad you got it working !

The reason 3.3.1 may have recognized it is I'm not sure that version even had the subnets setting. Thanks !