Flashing Background During "Idle Mode" Music Playback on Fire TV

Rondo5000

Rondo5000

My device is the Toshiba Fire TV Edition Television.

Since the 1.6.15a update (the problem was not present in 1.6.00a) the textured black background seems to "flash" white every ten seconds when you are in the idle state listening to music (the dimmed mode which appears after one minute of idleness during playback).  It doesn't leave the idle state, but it's fairly distracting to have it flashing repeatedly during the "relaxation" mode.  :P

The behavior can also be semi-replicated each time you move the cursor between any of the Options on the main home page (App Settings, Logout emby, Switch Server, etc.).  Each time you move the cursor between them there is a "flash" in the black background which is the same as what occurs in the music mode.

As for conjecture, the changelog states that there was a change to "Improve Image Loading" and it appears to me that it may be trying to load a background image and failing perhaps?  Or maybe it's reloading the same default textured black background image each time, I'm unsure.  Is there supposed to be a background image related to the tagged music I am listening to which is failing to load (and the flashing a symptom of that)?

If any logs or further tests are needed just say the word.

Rondo5000

I am using the default theme since I do not have Emby Premiere at this time.

I have a fairly large music library but it doesn't seem as though any of the artists have backdrop images or anything of that nature (they also don't have images of their faces in the "artists" tab either, if that's related).  Upon entering an artist the album covers are correctly identified and loaded most all of the time.  Should the default theme be having backgrounds related to the album or the artist in general?  If the issue may be server related I will note that I am using Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit as my server.

Okay, it is an anomaly when there are no backdrops.

Should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for reporting.

• 2 months later...
Rondo5000

Just wanted to update that the flashing background issue (when no backdrop is present) is resolved in 1.6.56a.

My thanks!!