Ctrl-O 'Recorded TV' Keyboard Shortcut

BuddahKat

BuddahKat

I've been using the keyboard shortcut wiki (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Keyboard%20and%20Remote%20Support) to setup my Harmony remote to send keyboard commands to control Emby Theater. Most of them are working great, however the 'Recorded Tv' shortcut (Ctrll-o) does not seem to be working. The other similar ones (Crtl-t -> Live Tv, Ctrl-g -> Guide) all work fine... I was wondering if the recorded tv shortcut changed or if there is a fix for this (just fyi it still works in WMC). Thanks in advance!

lurch9366

Not to side rail your question but how to you program in the button sequence? things like ctrl-o are not listed under media center se or windows keyboard. I tried creating a sequence but I don't think harmony is holding the ctrl for the next button press. 

BuddahKat

@@lurch9366 I had to add a separate keyboard device in the MyHarmony software. It's called MCE Keyboard and it has a lot of the special keys like 'Ctrl-t' already there. If you add this to your activities then you can map the buttons on the remote to those commands, i.e. 'Ctrl-g' for 'Guide'.

For the key combos that aren't already included, i.e. 'Ctrl-o', I use a program called AutoHotkey (https://autohotkey.com/) which can reassign the key combos to ones that are already there. For instance the MCE Keyboard device has 'Alt-1 through 'Alt-9', so I can make an AutoHotkey script that sends 'Ctrl-o' whenever 'Alt-1' is received. Then you just program your Harmony remote to send 'Alt-1' when ever a specific button is pressed.

• Like 1

BuddahKat

@@Luke Thanks for the fix!

Just wondering, do I need to update Emby Theater manually or does it update automatically whenever the server itself updates?