Gradual improvement of 4k/HDR issues with each update, but...

coolspot

coolspot

This post sounds similar to what I'm experiencing, but I wanted to get it referenced in the LG app forum

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59703-emby-dts-transcoding-to-aac-sonos-playbase/?hl=sonos 

With each release of the LG app, I've tested the same file.

Most of my 4k/hdr releases I've had to just load onto a usb stick for best results, but I've tested each time a new release comes out.

We're really on the cusp of me not having to do that with 1.08.  Most of my 4k/hdr files in the past have had the studdering issues details in other posts

But with 1.08, I'm getting smooth playback of the video, and the HDR popup occurs, and I thought everything was good...but I had no audio at all...crap!

I have a LG 55c7 with Sonos playbar using optical.

You'll notice in my "stats for nerds" below that my file is direct streaming, but mentions DTS DTS-HD MA.

Of course, my TV supports DTS, but the Sonos just supports Dolby Digital.  So as mentioned in that post above, the requested fix was some way of flagging a need to force transcode the audio.

It appears a github ticket was created https://github.com/M...mby/issues/3388 here, but it's been closed, so not sure if that means it's submitted and just waiting for LG or what

In a nutshell, I just wanted to offer my logs in case it's helpful.

Shape of Water is the movie I was playing.

post-289-0-61505300-1534736839_thumb.jpg

Edited by coolspot

coolspot

Ah said "state closed" so my mistake, but I see that's referencing another ticket below  =)

Edited by coolspot