ISO Playback on Emby 3.4.1.0

Shapiro
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Shapiro

I upgraded from Version 3.2.2 to 3.4.1.0.  After upgrading all my ISOs no longer playback.   I added .dvd & .blueray, but that didn't resolve the issue.   I realize that ISO is not recommended.  Going forward I'm ripping as mp4 or mkv.

I've built an extensive collection with older DVD ISOs, and converting the ISO files would be a difficult undertaking.

Looking at the Emby log, I see a message:

"Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path:".

and 

Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.4.1.0
Command line: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffmpeg /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg

Is there a patch that needs to be updated? I'd appreciate any help or guidance!

Thanks!

Ok, ISO playback is not supported, sorry. It is only supported in Emby apps that can direct play the ISO's, not in apps that would require server transcoding such as the web app. Thanks.

• Solution

No it does not. The only apps that can handle ISO's are Emby Theater, Emby for WMC and Emby for Kodi.

And even then you'll have to setup external players. For the best possible experience we recommend converting to mkv. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 1