All media synced to device was suddenly deleted

cassiecornucopia

cassiecornucopia

Hi

I'm using the current Emby Server on Ubuntu and syncing files to the Emby app that's in the Windows Store. The relevant logs start at 2018-08-19 02:46:56.108.

I had synced a bunch of files earlier in the evening. I went back to sync another I'd forgotten about and as a result every file synced to the device was wiped. 

I can work out from the logs that they were deleted to be re-synced because files had changed, but I'd not done anything to them. Certainly nothing that would warrant that kind of response.

It'd be a massive inconvenience if this happened while I was away from the stable, unmetered internet connection I'm using to conduct the sync. 

What happened? How can I prevent this? 

Hi, without looking at the server log files it's impossible to say what might have happened.

It's also possible that you cleared windows app data somehow which would also wipe out your downloads, assuming you're downloading to the default path.

@@softworkz may have more insight. Thanks.

I had synced a bunch of files earlier in the evening. I went back to sync another I'd forgotten about and as a result every file synced to the device was wiped. 

Just a guess, but what I could imagine from your description are sync job with overlapping content.

Like this:

• You select Episodes 4,5 and 9 from Season 2 of Series X
  • You wait until they are synced.
  • You decide to sync the complete Season 2
  • You realize that it was a mistake to sync Season 2 and cancel the job

Under certain circumstances this could also cause the initial episodes 4,5 and 9 to be deleted.from the device.

Handling this in a better way is something currently under consideration 

I can work out from the logs that they were deleted to be re-synced because files had changed, but I'd not done anything to them. Certainly nothing that would warrant that kind of response.

Could you please describe your workout?

(and show your logs)

cassiecornucopia

It turns out what I overlooked was clicking attach this file

Edited by Abobader