USG + Gb WAN?

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Anyone here have a Unifi USG-3 sitting at the edge w/ a Gb connection?  My Fios contract is up in a month and am considering an upgrade, but have no desire to change out my USG or use the garbage Verizon router.

mastrmind11

The controller gives you a warning, when you enable it. It doesn't have the processing power.

So what specs have you observed w/o IPS?

Guest asrequested

So what specs have you observed w/o IPS?

Full bandwidth. That's the only thing that slows it down. I haven't tested in a while, as I now have everything behind a VPN. I don't have fiber, I have comcrap gigabit. But I remember getting 900+ Mb/s.

mastrmind11

Full bandwidth. That's the only thing that slows it down. I haven't tested in a while, as I now have everything behind a VPN. I don't have fiber, I have comcrap gigabit. But I remember getting 900+ Mb/s.

ok cool, thanks for the info.

Guest asrequested

I've thought about getting the XG-8, but it's too expensive. I could disable IPS and use my pfsense, but as the VPN only gives me around 260Mb/s, there's no point.

mastrmind11

I've thought about getting the XG-8, but it's too expensive. I could disable IPS and use my pfsense, but as the VPN only gives me around 260Mb/s, there's no point.

yeah idgaf about ips, just wanted to know if the box was capable of the throughput (not that I need it :))

Guest asrequested

yeah idgaf about ips, just wanted to know if the box was capable of the throughput (not that I need it :))

Ha! I figured. I just thought I'd mention it.