How do I force Emby to recreate all album art for music?

bigeyez

bigeyez

Hi

I think I am having some permission issues with Emby album arts (I do not use online stuff) after a migration. The library works but I cant get EMby to show album arts for musics, so I am thinking to recreate all that stuff. What is the proper way to do that while discarding old stuff?

thanks

bigeyez

Hi, why do you think you're having permission issues?

Hi

I had to change the user that runs emby, because I decided to run it under supervisor, it works. I also changed the user permissions in the /var/lib folder, but I am still missing the thumbnails.

bigeyez

empty spaces, or colored boxes?

I  think most of them are colored boxes, I have many media, trying to see what is going on. Colored boxes is mot prominent so far.

bigeyez

Have you tried using the identify feature on an album?

Well I do not know what that is to be honest but my issue is not just limited to the music, I have videos, mixed content folders etc. This was working fine befofre, so not sure how to handle all missing thumbnails.

Also if the identify thing is an online feature, I would not use it because I do not rely on online databases for my albums

bigeyez

Then where should the art come from?

Not sure if I understand your qurstion, but I just want to recreate the thumbnails from scratch, delete the existing ones and recreate the database and the thumbnails. Does it sound like a bad method?

bigeyez

Videos? I thought we were talking about music albums?

Not sure but I already stated this above.

"Well I do not know what that is to be honest but my issue is not just limited to the music, I have videos, mixed content folders etc"

Music:

It looks like the music folder is only missing the main cover in the main library view. It is not creating a new cover, whatever I do. I sure can add a custom image but I want the way Emby originally does.

VIdeos

Most of the video folders are missing covers whether in the main library view or deep in one of the video subfolders, the videos themselves have cover images.

Edited by bigeyez

bigeyez

Well the thing is that is not the issue I am having, it is not a once in a while, like I originally tried to explain I am missing folder covers for all videos and folder covers for music.

Edited by bigeyez