Some tweaks with convert?

doonze

doonze

I know convert is new, and is still being tweaked and developed, but there are some things I personally would like to see. Mainly dealing with audio.

First, in all my converts it changes my english files to "und" files. I'm guessing the means Undefined? It of course works fine, but I don't love losing the file being marked correctly. If there a way to get it to keep the correct language name?

Second, is there a way to let it keep all the audio files? And just convert the default language to easy stream format? I'm not 100% on this, but it would just transcode if the default language file needs transcoding right? It won't transcode just because there are other audio files, right?

Most of the time it's not an issue, but I have a number of files (anime) that have English and Japanese language files. In testing it seems it's choosing the English file and dropping the Japanese one. But what if the default was Japanese? That's not uncommon with anime. Then I'd lose my English version. 

I've also had a case or two where it dropped the subtitle files. I haven't done enough testing to figure out why it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. But the file had subtitles before the convert...

Bottom line, a little more control over how convert... well.... converts would be nice. 

Edited by doonze

Hi, yes currently it follows the audio and subtitle preferences of the emby user doing the converting.

We plan to add more explicit control right in the conversion dialog in the future. thanks.

Hello,

Don't know if it's planned but one great thing to add to the convert option (IMO at least) , is the ability to download it later, when the conversion is done (and not only synchronize to a specific device)

Kr,

Edited by AL_25