Xbox Requires Sign in for Emby Theater

BurntTech

BurntTech

This one is a long shot but is it possible as part of the sdk to not require xbox sign in? I only ask right now xbox sign in services are down which means we can't use emby on the xbox; too bad it affects services that don't require xbox sign features.

• Like 1

nagetech

I literally just came on here to see if there was a solution and found this.

Super bummer I can’t watch anything now because of this. Emby doesn’t even need Xbox live :(

I'll look into this and see if there's a way we can identify the app as not requiring that. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
aussiedropbear

I know this is quite an old thread but.. is there any chance of having the Emby app on xbox reside outside the xbox sign in process?

This would be a great feature as some in my family do not have xbox accounts but use the xbox for access to other things such as Netflix.

• 7 months later...
aussiedropbear

Hi,

Just bumping this thread as I feel it is a much needed ability to be able to use Emby without being prompted for the xbox live signon. 

Thanks

John

aussiedropbear

See... this is why I love Emby over Plex... you actually get responses from support.

Many thanks and hope it can be worked out.

John

• 3 months later...
aussiedropbear

Hi,

Just wondering if  there has been any progress in this area? Would be great to be able to turn on a Xbox and go straight into app without signing into an Xbox account.

With a house hold of 5 Xbox devices and only two Xbox accounts it makes using Emby a tad Difficult.

Thanks.

Hi, just looking at this page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/restrict-content-access-when-noone-signed-in

Note Guests won’t be able to use games and apps that require sign-in.

I'd assume that's referring to "Live" so it sounds like you can't make use of the Live function in the program to accomplish this.  But that's just a quick read.

aussiedropbear
7 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, just looking at this page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/restrict-content-access-when-noone-signed-in

Note Guests won’t be able to use games and apps that require sign-in.

I'd assume that's referring to "Live" so it sounds like you can't make use of the Live function in the program to accomplish this.  But that's just a quick read.

Hi Cayars.

Many thanks for that. I will give that a go.

However this is, imo, only a work around to something that the Emby app should be doing without any assisted sign on first before entering the app. 

As this has been on request since August 2018 I would have hoped it would have moved forward and a solution released by now.

Cheers.

Edited by aussiedropbear

Unfortunately I'm not sure that we can do this. When we submit the app to the store, we indicate the app needs access to certain things, for example, network services to discover emby server on your local network, internet access to be able to communicate with your emby server away from home, or use our Emby Connect feature. Enabling those things is what triggers the windows platform to require the Xbox live sign in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1