Wrong audio track names in UI.

Romesashes

Romesashes

Hello,

I just got done adding a TV Series to my Emby library.  Each regular episode of the series has 3 audio tracks.  The "TrueHD" lossless track, the Dolby Digital lossy track and the 3rd is a stereo track with commentary.

The 5.1 Channel Audio TrueHD track works fine right off the bat, when I switch to the "Stereo" mode to get the commentary I actually get the Dolby Digital 5.1 instead.  When I switch to the "Stereo" track I get the 5.1 and not the commentary track as desired.

When I play the same files in VLC everything lines up fine.  5.1 TrueHD, 5.1 (DD), and the Stereo (Commentary).

Is there something confusing Emby in this instance?  These are all straight Makemkv files no handbrake used.  Thank you.

Romesashes

"Mode" was the wrong word to use.  I was just referring to the types of tracks or how they are named when Makemkv creates them.  The series in question is Rick and Morty Season 3.  For most episodes there are only 3 tracks.

TrueHD 5.1 (The lossless version)

Dolby Digital 5.1 (Lossy version)

Dolby Digital Stereo. (Commentary)

For clarification this is what I see for selection through the Roku client:

"Surround 5.1"

"Surround 5.1"

"Stereo"

The general names of these tracks in the Roku client don't bother me however I have to select "Surround 5.1" to get the commentary which I know for a fact is not the correct track at all.  They recorded the commentary on the "Stereo" track.

So I did more testing.  When I run the player through a web browser on a windows machine the tracks are exactly as they should be.  Tested this on a few different episodes.  In fact the names of the audio tracks are more detailed.  They are as follows:

Eng TRUEHD 5.1 Default

Eng Dolby Digital 5.1

Eng Dolby Digital Stereo

The tracks through firefox web browser are perfect.

Ok.  Here they are.  A thought just occurred.  Is my password buried in these logs anywhere? Not worried about Emby staff just anyone else who can download the file.

None of your Emby credentials are but, if you use something like an IPTV service that has userid/pw in the url, those could be.

These are the track titles, and they look fine to me. 

Track 1:

"Codec":"truehd",
"DisplayTitle":"Eng TRUEHD 5.1 Default",

Track 2:

"Codec":"ac3",
         "Language":"eng",
         "TimeBase":"1/1000",
         "CodecTimeBase":"1/48000",
         "Title":"Surround 5.1",
         "DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital 5.1",

Track 3:

"Title":"Stereo",
         "DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital stereo"

The display title is created by Emby, but all of the other attributes came from ffmpeg.

Romesashes

These are the track titles, and they look fine to me. 

Track 1:

"Codec":"truehd",
"DisplayTitle":"Eng TRUEHD 5.1 Default",

Track 2:

"Title":"Surround 5.1",
         "DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital 5.1",

Track 3:

"Title":"Stereo",
         "DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital stereo"

The display title is created by Emby, but all of the other attributes came from ffmpeg.

Ok.  On Roku they don't show up that way.  They show up on UI as indicated in post #3.  Its not a big deal I was just wondering if I was missing something.  Thank you.

@@ebr can confirm but i believe it is because since we are using Roku's built-in video controls, they're going to show up however Roku interprets them. It is in our plans to build a custom video OSD so that we can make it more consistent with other Emby apps. Thanks.

We actually already have a custom OSD on Roku and, if you use that, you will see our track names.  However, the app may not have been updated back when we implemented the display title and you are the first to mention it so I'll check on that.

Thanks.

Edit: Yes, the app was using the "Title" property instead of DisplayTitle.  We will fix that.