• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 pentolino OFFLINE  

pentolino

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 02:02 AM

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

The app is working if directly connected to the server (no ssh tunnel, same network); is the playback function on the app using UDP by any case? This would be enough to justify why it doesn't work through the ssh tunnel (which only passess TCP through). The apache proxy seems to have no noticeable effect; browser works with or without it and app just doesn't, regardless.

I will send you a debug log about the playback on the browser; would it be possible for the app to fall back to the same method the browser uses if the first try goes wrong? I guess mine is not a common setup, but it is definitely a secure option for remote viewing (given you have a fast enough internet connection of course); will it evere be supported?

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139927 posts
  • Local time: 07:02 PM

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:26 PM

No i think the vpn is messing with the request headers. Check the one that i mentioned. thanks.

#23 pentolino OFFLINE  

pentolino

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:38 PM

You didn't mention any specific header, which one(s) should I check? Also it's not a VPN, it's an ssh tunnel and it works at TCP level (bytes), not HTTP (text); I expect it to not know or do anything about headers.
The problem may be that the server is sending some value as the host (zotac.local) and the app expects it to be "emby.alsette". That is the host name is different if seen from the server or the app; for some reason this does not bother the browser though.

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139927 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

see what it does with x-forwarded-for, x-realip,e tc.

#25 pentolino OFFLINE  

pentolino

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:47 AM

I actually moved my emby server on the same LAN as the fire tv (for reasons not related to emby) and the app works as expected.
Sorry I didn't get back to you, but I had little time to check this this out and I just don't need that anymore.

Thanks for trying to help me anyway

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139927 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: playback, firetv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users