Now recorded files are not locked on NAS

heula

heula

I notice a difference in recording with Emby and native use of the tuners on the PC and on my NAS.

When I recorded tv shows with the PC, the recorded files were locked and could not be removed, changed etc.

When I record TV shows now on my NAS the same way I did with Emby on the PC, the recorded files are not locked and can be removed, changed etc.

I noticed this because I have some batch files running that moves files so they can be used for commercial removal and renaming.

That should only be working when the recording is done.

For now I have have adjusted my batch files to only run on times I'm not recording. This because my recordings fail because they were moved before the recording was finisht.

The same batch files ran on my pc and than the currently recorded files could not be moved or changed because the file was in use by another program. (Emby)

Why are those currently recorded files not locked on the NAS?

Thanks.

Probably due to differences in the way the .net core runtime works with different file systems. When we open the file for writing we open it with fileshare mode read, which allows other process to read from the file, but not write to it.

heula

Probably due to differences in the way the .net core runtime works with different file systems. When we open the file for writing we open it with fileshare mode read, which allows other process to read from the file, but not write to it.

And is there something to do about it?

heula

Aside from submitting a defect to the Microsoft netcore repository, I'm not sure. Thanks.

Okay, than I have to keep my workaround as it is now.

Thanks.