Android TV app has stopped working.

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

I was just watching something on my shiield, was using the menu to look at the stats, and the app crashed and I can't get it to work again. If I try starting the app, all I get is a blank screen. I can't send the log because I can't get into the app. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see if it'll work again.

Guest asrequested

FYI - All you needed to do was force-close it.

How? The whole app became unresponsive, then it went back to the Android home page. After that I just got a blank screen on launching. Or are you talking about going to the app details in Android?

Exactly.  The app area under settings would allow you to force-close it.

Unfortunately, on the older versions of Android and/or on some devices, when the app crashes, it stays in that state.  There is no way for us to stop it inside the program.

This doesn't usually happen on the Shield though so the crash may have been at a low level.  Do you remember exactly what you did to cause it?

By any chance were you in the on-screen menu system and attempted to hit the left arrow to get out?

Guest asrequested

I think I was looking at the bitrate setting, then it just stopped functioning. I don't remember if I pressed the left right when that happened. I may have. I did after it froze.

Thanks.  That is almost certainly what it was then.  That is a bug in the Android code itself that I'm aware of but have not found a way to work around yet.  Basically, you have to use the "back" key to close out those menus instead of the left arrow.