Dashboard issues

heula
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

heula

I have seen some dashboard issues on the PC and ipad.

Issue one

On the Windows PC and my iPad I see that it goes wrong on the active devices and what they are playing. For example, when playing something on Kodi Living Room it shows that it is playing on Kodi Bedroom or Kodi Kitchen. Sometimes when all devices are playing together all three are shown on one device on the active devices on the dashboard. Sometimes both playing devices switch in the same Window. The used window is the one that started first most of the time. It used to be all shown in there separate windows for each device.

That only happens when using Emby in Kodi for as far I know. Don't use Emby theater, but is shown as active device as well.

When playing something on a mobile device like android phone and ipad it all goes like expected in separate windows.

Issue 2

The metadata manager works fine on the Windows dashboard but when I open the metadata manager with the Emby app on my iPad I see Media folders and Live TV. The only thing I can expand is Live tv. When I go to the metadata manager in safari on my iPad all works fine.

Running Emby Server 3.5.2.0 on Synology NAS DS418.

Hope this can be improved.

wb07p0k.jpg

Log.txt

Edited by heula

Angelblue05

Did you clone your Kodi setup? In the add-on settings > advanced > generate a new device id. Then restart Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

For the mobile apps, those are from the background sync process of the mobile apps. We will look to clean those up in a future release. Thanks.

• Like 1

heula

Did you clone your Kodi setup? In the add-on settings > advanced > generate a new device id. Then restart Kodi.

Yes I did but each PC has it's own device id in Kodi. 

Edited by heula

Angelblue05

Are you sure, because that's usually the reason for this to happen? If their device Id are the same, then they display as one active device during playback. You'll also have weird issues with live updates.

If they are all using different ids, you've confirmed that by checking each Kodi log, then I must admit I have no idea what the issue could be as there hasn't been an update for a while and no one else has reported similar issues.

Edited by Angelblue05

heula

Are you sure, because that's usually the reason for this to happen? If their device Id are the same, then they display as one active device during playback. You'll also have weird issues with live updates.

If they are all using different ids, you've confirmed that by checking each Kodi log, then I must admit I have no idea what the issue could be as there hasn't been an update for a while and no one else has reported similar issues.

Yes, I am very sure. I have one with kodi id “Kodi Living Room”, one with Kodi id “ Kodi bedroom” and one with kodi id “Kodi Kitchen”

The kodi id that is started as first s the one that is shown on the dashboard. The next time that can be another id. This has been goin on for some time now.

• Solution
Angelblue05

The id is a generated id made out of random numbers/letters. If you clone Kodi, it will copy that same id to other Kodis and Emby bases a lot of logic on the device id. Please do what I said two posts ago. That should resolve your issue.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

heula

The id is a generated id made out of random numbers/letters. If you clone Kodi, it will copy that same id to other Kodis and Emby bases a lot of logic on the device id. Please do what I said two posts ago. That should resolve your issue.

Yes you are right. I have generated separated id's in the Emby addon settings and now they are all separate shown on the dashboard.

Thanks.

• Like 1