MB3 Version numbers

PoBear

PoBear

I hope this is the right pace for this :)

None of the pages on the forum or the MB3 site, related to the current download versions or beta versions appear to have a version number on them, if they have I can't find it!

Also there does not appear to be a changelog available, or at least I can't find it.

I prefer to run GA software but there are some features of the beta software that I want to use that might tempt me to install early, but I have no idea what versions are available and what each contains.

Again, apologise if this info is available, but I can't find it.

• Like 1

Dev moves too quickly for that, so if that's what you're running you'll have to follow github. The blog posts represent the beta buidls. Usually a week later they go stable with a few bug fixes.

sydlexius

I hope this is the right pace for this :)

None of the pages on the forum or the MB3 site, related to the current download versions or beta versions appear to have a version number on them, if they have I can't find it!

Also there does not appear to be a changelog available, or at least I can't find it.

I prefer to run GA software but there are some features of the beta software that I want to use that might tempt me to install early, but I have no idea what versions are available and what each contains.

Again, apologise if this info is available, but I can't find it.

My suggestion is a little more for the "hardcore", but I like to follow MBC's commit logs, Eric does specific commits for version number bumps, so it's not too difficult to see what got added between builds.  You can also follow what happens in MBS builds, but it's tougher to tie it to version numbers.  Personally, I find it more useful to follow the Issues associated with MBS, especially when there are milestones attached.  It's a nice way to see what's on the docket, what's recently been closed, and in the case of milestones, what Luke thinks about when certain fixes/features should land in upcoming versions.  With that said, you have to have reasonable expectations about delays or shifts in priorities :)

Edited by sydlexius