Help!! Live TV on Android TV app

Hayz

Hello, 

I have just installed Emby Server on my PC (windows) and also installed the app on my Android TV. All of my movies, tv shows, and music works perfectly fine.

I also setup Live TV on the server end and then purchased Emby Premiere and entered the key into server. I was thinking I would be able to see my Live TV on the Android TV app.

Since I was unable to access the Live TV section I purchased the unlock feature and that also did not work.

Any time I go into the live TV section on the Android TV app, it ask me to purchase Emby Premiere, which I already did right?.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? I just want to access Live TV on my TV ( with the android TV app )

Do I have to purchase Premiere for each device???

Thanks for any help.

samuelqwe

You don't need to purchase Premiere for every device. You only need to buy premiere on the server once, and every app should be unlocked. You did not have to buy the app unlock on Android. It may take a bit of time for the app to recognize that you are on Emby Premiere, but if it doesn't work after a while (not sure how long) the app might not be able to contact the Emby servers to verify it is on Premiere.

Hi.  Currently there is an issue with the app not "seeing" your Premiere purchase immediately if the app is still within the trial period.  We are looking to address this.

Can you please PM me the Google transaction ID for the unlock so I can refund that?

Thanks.

Thank you both for the replies, I did go ahead and send you that transaction ID.

The Live TV option did eventually show up on my Android TV app. But I guess I just havent been able to get any streams working. I am using an m3u link with my schedules direct account. The TV Guide looks nice and all of the info is filled in perfectly, but I have not successfully got a channel stream to open

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, have just bought a premiere membership and can not activate my xiaomi mi box with emby app, when i try to activate it asks me to pay

I have the same problem, have just bought a premiere membership and can not activate my xiaomi mi box with emby app, when i try to activate it asks me to pay

Hi.  Exactly what are you doing and what is happening?

Thanks.

If i pay for the Android tv app only, it will be unlocked for ever right?

Hi.  If you already have Premiere, you don't need to unlock the app.

But, the unlock will apply for that Google user for as long as that app is active.

Thanks.

mllopes

Ok i am paying the subscription every month but imagine I dont want the premiere any longer, would the Android tv app still be unlocked? If not if I pay only for the app that unlock is permanent right?

Thank you very much for your help

Ok i am paying the subscription every month but imagine I dont want the premiere any longer, would the Android tv app still be unlocked? If not if I pay only for the app that unlock is permanent right?

Thank you very much for your help

If you stop Premiere, you will have to buy the unlock and, yes, that is a one-time purchase.

However, the two are not the same thing so pay attention to what features you require in the matrix below.  Thanks.

Feature Matrix