TM6 crashes after movie is restarted from being paused???

climbingmike

climbingmike

Hello All,

I have TM6 as my Blu Ray and have set MB3 to play these files using it. I have the problem where if I pause a movie, then come back to it and play it again about 3 seconds later it crashes. Has any one else had this problem?

I also find the TM6 is a bit temperamental when running though MB3. Some times it plays a BluRay rip fine and then some time not. Try it a few time and then it works???

If any one has any advice on this I would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

MIke

zombieagain

Hi,

I don't have any advice, but I can't tell you that I know how you feel. I used TMT5 and then TMT6 for a couple of years and it has always been a hit or miss, some time it plays, other times it doesn't. The resume function is pretty much broken for the majority of my BR rips, so I disabled it. Also, some time it doesn't start at all. I had many crashes like the ones you are mentioning when I paused the movie for a few minutes, never after a short pause.

I became so frustrated with the bugginess of it that a couple of months ago I bought PowerDVD. When I compared the two years ago I was sold on TMT because it has better keyboard shortcuts so I can map my remote, plus PowerDVD forgets your audio preference when you play a DVD after a BluRay and I hate that.

But... it has been two months and PowerDVD never failed to play a bluray and never crashed. I learned how to work around the things I don't like and I'm convinced that I should have switched sooner. In my humble opinion TMT has way too many bugs for a paid software. I love all the features and how it is organized but I just can't deal with a player that may or may not start playing a movie.

YMMV, I'm sure there are other people that have the exact opposite experience, with PowerDVD failing and TMT6 being rock solid. But if you didn't already, I suggest you get the PowerDVD trial. It is not a perfect program by any means but it does the job for me without all the aggravations that TMT6 caused me. I only use it for blu rays, while I play DVDs through MPC-BE, so I don't trigger the PowerDVD audio preference reset that I mentioned.

I look forward to the day when VLC will play BluRay menus because in the end I'm not in love with either TMT6 or PDVD13 and the other alternatives are not even worth considering if you are, like me, interested in full menus.

Edited by zombieagain

politby

I have been bouncing back and forth between TMT and PowerDVD. Currently I have TMT6 installed and I sometimes have problems with crashes and playback failing. The WMC integrated player does not work with MBC so I have it set up as an external player.

All my BDs are ripped to .mkv files with the exception of a small number of 3D titles, so I very seldom have to actually use TMT.