PCH C200 - mediabrowser?

superloopy

superloopy

Anyone out there able to say whether MB3 will be (or is now?) ported to any NMT, or more specifically the C200?

Just wondering whether to set up YAMJ or something similar, possibley MB3 if it's available.

One2Go

To get a NMT to work like the Dune, which I have, You need two elements the backend and the front-end. Backend Is the server with SMB or NFS shares which the OS of the server provides.

The front-end can be quite complex. For the existing NMTs you have a variety of selections, MB3 would be just one of them and it would be for the developers a headache since there are no standards among the different NMTs. In addition with streaming services for devices liked the Roku becoming very popular and NMTs are declining In popularity it would not be a good business decision to invest resources in developing a MB3 solution for a niche market. A PCH solution would not work for Dune, Zappiti, Mede8ter plus in addition a tablet solution like Zappiti & 10Muse have for the Dune would further eat up resources or you have a disadvantage when competing with other products.

I am sort of in a similar situation, one solution for my Dune & another solution for the HTPC, Chromcast & Roku. Viewing practices are determined by what I want to watch.

Edited by One2Go

One2Go

Let me add something here that I found. A NMT could be added as an external player but it requires some very techie modifications. Here is a quote from someone that did this:

I use Media Browser Server with Media Browser Theater as a PC front-end for the Dune. I wrote my own python scripts so that Media Browser Theater can launch movies on the Dune, using the Dune's IP control protocol. There is quite a bit of automation - as my AVR also has an IP control protocol. Used to switch inputs from the PC to the Dune or my Pioneer. I've set up my AVR to have proper audio delay to keep things in sync with the projector.

So while you can use MBT as the front end from a PC to launch the NMT you can't get the native video walls like YAMJ unless someone wants to develop it.