Multi-select in Android Mobile

computerprep

computerprep

Improvements on the long-press menu items in Android Mobile seem to have broken the multi-select feature.

I've done a few searches, but can't seem to find any hits talking about this feature. Where did the multi-select feature go? Seems to be working in the Web App, just missing on mobile.

post-1756-0-51812600-1533732038_thumb.pngpost-1756-0-63266100-1533732050_thumb.png

computerprep

Improvements on the long-press menu items in Android Mobile seem to have broken the multi-select feature.

I've done a few searches, but can't seem to find any hits talking about this feature. Where did the multi-select feature go? Seems to be working in the Web App, just missing on mobile.

post-1756-0-51812600-1533732038_thumb.pngpost-1756-0-63266100-1533732050_thumb.png

computerprep

Oops. my computer double-posted this. Can someone please delete this?

It's something that we need to find a new pattern for given the new long tap behavior. Thanks.

computerprep

My UI suggestion would be to add a "select" option in the long press menu. After that, subsequent single clicks will add items to the selection.

Kurato

Why change how it worked? Previously it was long press highlighted the item and there was the menu in the top right corner if you wanted to do anything with the selected items. Imo that feature worked great. Just my opinion though lol

Because I wanted to give users their posters back by taking away all the icons that were overlayed on top. Once that was changed, then we had to change the long press behavior or there would be no context menu. I did a lot of comparison with other apps and found that long press to open context menus was the most common. Additionally, removal of all the icons simplifies the interfaces which improves rendering times on cheaper devices.

Kurato

Acknowledged :) wasn't trying to harsh the mellow or anything. If it makes the app run better for the masses then cheers :) just didn't know why it was changed

Cerothen

I also would appreciate multi select returning on some form. It was a feature that I used often and it's absence hasn't gone unnoticed.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...