Different artist details with incomplete info on android vs web app

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

When you open the details of a music artist in the web app you are met with a list of albums that you scroll vertically to view the rest of.

When you do the same in the android app you get a horizontal list of albums where you have the click the text 'albums' to view the rest. You can scroll sideways, but the list doesn't include all the albums.

A specific example:

I have the album 'Tha Doggfather' by snoop dogg. When I view the artist snoop dogg via the android app I get this view:

snoop.png

Scrolling to the right through the list of albums, the album 'Tha Doggfather' doesn't exist until you click on 'Albums >' and be brought to a whole other screen. Took me forever to figure that one out....

Why does this differ from the web app? (pictured below) Why add a second screen at all?

snoop1.png

Im really not a fan of the side scrolling list. Even if it did have everything in it.

While we are at it, what order are the albums supposed to be listed in in the web app?

Its not by date or title, it just seems random to me

Edited by darkassassin07

darkassassin07

That's great, but that was the very last and least important question...

How about the other 3/4s of the post?

Edited by darkassassin07

It differs because the new designs are a little ahead of your web app. We can increase the number of items in the side scrolling lists. Thanks.