Emby theater

Pepa pig

Pepa pig

Hello, Will there be a Emby theater type for android tv in the near future,,It looks more customisable. O do i get it if i pay premium 

thanks and regards

What, exactly, do you feel "looks more customizable"?

We have chosen to build a true Android app for this platform that uses the standard Android TV components and design elements (note ours looks a lot like Google Play, etc.).

Filtering would be a nice start.

Shuffling genres would be nice.

Allowing changing of the horrible horizontal scroll.

Edited by tuvx

adamstewiegreen

the horizontal scroll is the reason I mostly use kodi (embuary/grid - depending on my mood).

and the small posters (which are getting a little bigger, I'm told)

To answer the main gist of the OP:  There is an Emby theatre app for android, it's third party, hasn't been updated in about a year (i think), and is a bit buggy (it is an alpha).

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50485-emby-theater-for-android-tv-alpha/

That is the standard paradigm on this device because it supports variable width content.

adamstewiegreen

That is the standard paradigm on this device because it supports variable width content.

I should clarify.

On the main page, horizontal scrolling is fine (both embuary and grid use it on kodi).  And I quite like the variable width thing (how come only on tv though? I'd be all for movies as well).

However, in the individual sections (movie, tv, etc) it's a pain in the ass.  It seriously takes 4 or 5 clicks just get scrolling, and if I use the A-Z feature I can't back up to get to 'Y', I have to go through (nearly) the entire alphabet! /rant