Samsung Smart TV UA40H5500 App Crashes.

ECOTV

FrostByte

What about subtitle selection during video playback?

The one where you click [cc] in the OSD works fine.  It's just the on the movies detail screen that doesn't work. 

The one where you click [cc] in the OSD works fine.  It's just the on the movies detail screen that doesn't work. 

During playback and also on the movie details hangs for me. Though during the playback subtitle selection rarely hangs and let me actually select a subtitle.

Ok so @@ECOTV, that could be your workaround for now. We will look at this. Thanks.

Oh okay. Thanks. There is a bug on subtitle during playback on direct play. If during direct play an internal subtitle won't show unless you actually go to selection and select it again then after a few second (I think 2 second) the subtitle will appear.

• Like 1

So. Got another one to report on the app crashing. If a video goes on to transcode a video (movie or a TV show) then the app crashes. Rarely the transcoding results to app crashing.

FrostByte

Try playing an HEVC either 8bit or 10bit.

The 4k movie I played was HEVC 10 bit. Does it crash right a the beginning?  The movie I played was only 30 minutes.  I can try another

The 4k movie I played was HEVC 10 bit. Does it crash right a the beginning?  The movie I played was only 30 minutes.  I can try another

It crash upon pressing the enter button and that circular loading appear. Also when crashing to the HDMI source that circular loading is stuck in the screen that restarting is the only way to remove it

My emby premiere expires in just 16 days and can't use the Emby app without crashing on my TV. Oh well. That's $4.99 down the drain.

We've submitted an update to Samsung to resolve this. We can't control how long it will take to get through the Samsung review process but hopefully it won't be too long. Thanks.

• Like 1

Welp. My premiere subscription is ending at 9/8/2018 so... I will take a rain check to using Emby after it because it still clearly needs work unless you enable free playback on free mode so that I can test it at a later date if and when there is a new version of this (even though without a subscription.)

Shouldn't have wasted money on the subscription. Damn! :(

Edited by ECOTV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

0.120 has launched today and includes the fix for this. Thanks.

The app on my TV is 0.121 and yet it still crash with the same thing I did when using Emby