Record only unwatched.

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

Is it possible to record only unwatched episodes of a TV show

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

You can set emby to only record episodes of a series not already in your library, which seems like what you're looking for.

Is that what you meant?  Unless they are in your library, there is no way for us to know if you watched them or not.

roberthleeii

I have many recordings where it is just recording what is not in my library but i don't like how much space it is taking up.

For example we are watching American chopper and have no desire to watch episodes we have already watched over and don't really care about watching them in order. The episodes randomly come on tv and some are repeats of ones we have watched and some are not. I would like the option to not keep all of the episodes in my library just so I know what we have watched and so they won't record again. 

another option that would help would be to only record individual seasons of a show. For example I missed some episodes of Elementary season 5 and don't want to keep watching until I watch those episodes so I am having to record all episodes of the show until it catches the missing episodes. 

tdiguy

You can have it record only episodes that are not already in your library and or you can set it to record only new episodes if you want.