Vudu, Movies Anywhere titles ??

gator99
Go to solution Solved by Waldonnis,

gator99

Just curious but what would be a good way to track inside of emby, movie titles that are not physical/ripped discs but only exist in services like Vudu or Movies Anywhere.

Not specifically saying I want to play them with emby but more like a place holder title saying that I do own them in one of those services, if that makes sense.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gator99

Let me clarify, I am not wanting emby to scrap my online accounts for titles I own but somewhere even clunkier. Can I manually create a dummy title and it show in my library without having a video file also in the folder

• Solution
Waldonnis

You could probably use stubs for this: wiki.  It looks to be more meant for offline discs and old tapes, but it would be good enough.

• Like 3

gator99

Great will give it a try

You could probably use stubs for this: wiki. It looks to be more meant for offline discs and old tapes, but it would be good enough.

gator99

Worked perfect will now just edit the images to add the straming service logo on them. Too bad you can't get the play button to start an Android app like Vudu etc.

You could probably use stubs for this: wiki. It looks to be more meant for offline discs and old tapes, but it would be good enough.

• 3 weeks later...
gator99

Would it be possible to add additional stub classes. i.e. Vudu, movies anywhere etc like hddvd, Blu-ray etc.

Well you can't do that today, but it is something that could be done.

gator99

Thanks - that would be helpful, another way I found is to use the Cover Art Plugin with associated a disk/format type in the Stub file naming convention and modifying the "ThickCase - Default.png" with an overlay of my choosing - "VUDU" - however since I my EMBY Server is installed on my Synology, I do not have "write" permissions to overwrite the images in the folder "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/coverart/4.0.79.0/ThickCase" as it is "Owned" by the user "embysvr"  and I do not know it's password on my Synology?  

Any thoughts? 

gator99

Too bad, that would have been an easy way to determine media that is on streaming services and not on my server, back to the drawing board

• 3 months later...

Worked perfect will now just edit the images to add the straming service logo on them. Too bad you can't get the play button to start an Android app like Vudu etc.

OMG.  I literally thought my friend an I were the only ones who wanted to do this.  It would be so awesome if Emby supported this as a feature.  I'd pay for this enhancement.

• Like 2