MB3 Playback issues

jriker1

jriker1

Was excited to try the new version of MB.  Installed the server with the shares open to everyone to access, and the Classic client.  Pulled up the movies on the Xbox.  Few things happened here.  The cover for the movies came up on the screen, large, the latest movie view.  Scrolled over a couple and clicked into one.  Clicked on play.  Sat there kind of locked up.  Was eventually able to go back a page.  Got into the smaller navigation version of the covers that had all movies and clicked onto the first movie.  Clicked play.  Got excited it was playing.  Couple problems:

1. It was playing the movie that I clicked on originally.

2. The bar on the bottom showing where the video is from say 0 minutes to 90 minutes, was locked all the way to the right where it should have been all the way on the left as the start of the video.

3. Exited the movie and it went back to the video screen for the second movie that I had clicked on.  Tried to click play on that movie again but wouldn't respond.  Was able to get out of MB and back to the main WMC screen.

And by the way, all my movies are WMV and have played fine with MB2 as the front end.

Thoughts? 

JR

Edited by jriker1

A log will confirm but it sounds like the extender user account doesn't have access to the media so it is trying to stream.