Live TV On Now algorithm

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

I guess the first question is how are the channels for "On Now" currently selected?

It would be nice if the user had more control over what channels were used for "On Now". Maybe by preferring favorited channels first. Even better would be the ability to prefer keywords found in the show name. That way a user could add their favorite shows and sports teams so those channels appear on the "On Now" feed.

• Like 2

There's currently some smart mechanisms involved to put channels you frequently play at the front. It's something that needs to be revamped along with transparency of how it's sorted exposed to the user. Thanks.

Jdiesel

Thanks, I had a look and think I found the references in the LiveTvService.cs under the "GetRecommendedPrograms" request. If possible I'd recommend adding the "IsFavorite" filter to the Recommended Programs request.

Programs are always unique so that won't provide the result you're anticipating. I think what you're saying is having the ability to mark an entire live tv series as a favorite which we don't currently have.

Jdiesel

I was thinking more along the lines of marking a channel as a favorite to have it show up in the On Now. I only watch about 10-15 channels out of the 300 I have. If I mark Discovery as a favorite I would like it to always show up in On Now. Right now my On Now often gets populated with channels I have never watched and have no interest in.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Right now my On Now often gets populated with channels I have never watched and have no interest in.

100%

PenkethBoy

Scratches head - wonders why - you do not delete the channels if you never watch them?

Jdiesel

Scratches head - wonders why - you do not delete the channels if you never watch them?

Just because I don't watch them doesn't mean other users might not want to watch them.

Also there is currently no way to edit m3u8 playlists in Emby currently.

Spaceboy

are we or are we not media hoarders? [emoji3] I’ve cut over 1000 channels out of the m3u already.