Emby WMC Favorites

throgmorton

throgmorton

I was wondering if it was possible to change the way favorites folder works under WMC. 

Looking at the source code (kernel.cs) it seems that the 5 sub folder (movies, tv shows, books, music, games) are hardcoded with no way of disabling media type which have no use (for instance I don't read books on my media center).

I was wondering if it was possible to have one of the following options added for flexibility:

1. Enable only the categories of interest (so say movies and tv shows only, you could have it similar to how legacy browsing works just checkoff the fields you want shown).
  2. Don't sub divide it into 5 categories and just have it all as one (probably the simplest to have it all collapsed into one folder).
  3. Only show folders which actually have favorites added to their categories (this would be my ideal choice but unsure how difficult it is to implement)

• Like 1

throgmorton

Emby Theater and all of our other apps will do a much better job with this... :D

Possibly but until Microsoft sneaks a win 10 update by me that trashes the WMC experience, I'm hesitant to move over. Especially if it means devoting a serious amount of time to redeveloping my themes on Theatre as I'm not much of a fan of the current layout.

I figure eventually I will migrate once there is enough added benefit (or forced to by Microsoft), but for now WMC works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk