Emby Server Crashing, after a few minuites eachtime after opening

dougaddams

annisman

For the last week or more emby server has been rock solid, no freezing up and no need to restart. I can restart it to see how it responds if you like.

• 1 month later...

I just upgraded to 3.5.3 and the issue is back. Playback will not start after about 5 mins, works fine prior to this. Restart fixes things and then same issue begins again. I will try the dll in this post again and report back. 

Update: all seems well again after reverting the dll. Strange one, effectively updates are off limits for now. Happy to do some testing if there are any specifics needed? 

Edited by Cwobbles

I just upgraded to 3.5.3 and the issue is back. Playback will not start after about 5 mins, works fine prior to this. Restart fixes things and then same issue begins again. I will try the dll in this post again and report back. 

Update: all seems well again after reverting the dll. Strange one, effectively updates are off limits for now. Happy to do some testing if there are any specifics needed? 

Best thing to do is see how to report a problem. thanks.

Cwobbles

Hmm ok so I have attached the log here. Was fine last night using the first dll posted in this thread but today with the same dll it does a full library scan and hangs at 92.6% with all the symptoms I described before, have to close using task manager, all works fine on restart until media library scan. Some errors report in the log to do with cache files and being unable to find part of the path... 

The path to the logs for Windows in the help blurb is out of date by the way, needs programdata adding after emby-server directory.

embyserver.txt

Cwobbles

Tried again with the dll that came with 3.5.3 and it got further into the library scan 94.7% was the last I saw before it hung with the spinning ring on the screen. Log file attached here too.

embyserver.txt

Cwobbles

Ok so I tried re downloading the first dll in this thread just to be certain I was using the correct one and it now works again. I may have used the wrong one, still odd that it worked all last night though. Log attached.

The only thing it seems to be doing is overwriting items I have used identify to correct the info associated with a film when it does an automatic library scan. 

embyserver.txt

Edited by Cwobbles