Episodes shown as missing although existent

neik

neik

Hi guys,

I am having a issue here with episodes being shown as missing although they are existent.

What I did: I replaced a season of a series and did a rescan of that season. After the rescan the files are seen by Emby it still is shown an existent episode as missing - see screenshot.

I also tried to replace all metadata for this particular season but the issue still persists.

Interesting thing: After having this issue I moved all files out of the folder (series/season) and let Emby scan it again and still there were the same episodes displayed as missing and all the others were gone. Moving the files back to the folder led to the same issue.

What can I do to solve this? Might my database have an issue?

Thanks!

post-245525-0-48507600-1532871609_thumb.png

Edited by neik

neik

Hi Luke,

yes I do have that turned on but given that the episode actually already exists -see screenshot - this shouldn't apply here, right?

Yes certainly. If you turn the option off and then run a scan, does it go away?

neik

In the meantime I did the following and apparently it solved this issue.

- Moved the folder (Two and a Half Men) away and did a rescan to Two and a Half Men on Emby with "Replace all the Metadata + images)"

(Interesting enough even after this the series was being shown in Emby with all me missing episodes)

- Moved the folder back to its place and did a rescan once again with "Replace all the..."

Now it is being shown as expected but I still don't have a clue why it was behaving the way it was.

neik

Hi @@Luke,

it just happened again. New file was added did a refresh of metadata for this particular season and ended up with two episode 14 - see screenshot

Any thoughts on this?

post-245525-0-02402500-1533298669_thumb.png

neik

Hi Luke,

I turned it off and started a scan of that particular library, it ended up cleaning this issue but even after the scan there are still some unaired seasons/episodes being shown.

An example: Better Call Saul - Season 4

This will be aired on 6th August and I can still see it in Emby although it can't be in my library and the missing episode feature is turned off now.

Will I be able to turn this feature on again? It is quite nice and I would like to use it.

Thanks Luke!

I will try to look at it soon. This is just one of those niche things that we probably should never have added. Thanks.

neik

Thanks Luke! I will just let it turned off until this is solved. :-)

I don't know if this matters but during the last betas (3.4.x) there have been made some changes (virtual paths iirc) and once you've been on this betas you shouldn't go back to the previous stable.

Unfortunately, I did that and am wondering now if this might have corrupted something in the database, etc.?

neik

How can I try to solve this without losing the watchstatus of each user?

€dit: Btw.. I have the backup plugin installed.

Edited by neik