PC Not Waking Up for DVR Recordings

djd422
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

djd422

Thanks for adding the wake-up functionality to Emby server.

I set up some recordings when I was running server version 3.4 and the PC was waking up for recordings. Recently, the PC stopped waking up for recordings. I can't say for certain exactly when this problem started, although it may have been around the time 3.5 was released. I see this error in the server log - "Error App: Error scheduling wake timer". I've checked Windows power management settings and wake timers are enabled. The server log is attached. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

ServerLog.txt

Hi, is your Windows installation up to date with Windows updates? Can you check on that? Thanks.

djd422

Hi - I'm running Windows 10 1803. I checked for updates a few minutes ago and this was installed - 2018-07 cumulative update for Windows 10 KB4340917.

djd422

On Emby server 3.5.2. I don't see the error that was in the previous log, but the PC didn't wake. On line 2360 of the attached log, that recording should have started at 5:00am.

ServerLog.txt

djd422

Try with scheduling a new recording. Thanks.

Thanks Luke - I created a new recording and the PC woke up.! I cancelled and rescheduled existing recordings and there have been no issues for a couple of days. 

• 5 months later...

I can't figure out why, but the server has stopped waking for recordings again. In the attached log, line 8641 - that recording was scheduled for 11:00am on 1/28. Lines 10955 and 11008 were both scheduled for 1/28 9:00pm. Any ideas?

All Emby does is schedule wakes with windows task scheduler. what you could do after the wakes are scheduled is check windows task scheduler to see if they are listed there and are configured to wake the machine.

I did some more troubleshooting by deleting all the scheduled recordings and creating new ones. Now the server wakes up, but the recordings don't start.

Example:
Windows event log - 2019-02-02 20:21 scheduled task wakes system to record Ask This Old House 2019-02-02 20:27
Emby server log - 2019-02-03 00:32:15.667 Warn App: Recording timer fired for updatedTimer This Old House, Id: 6a38e1d477f5dc65e16be4048de81b4c, but the program has already ended.

The timezone in the scheduled task name is GMT. Is that relevant?

The server and windows event log entry are attached.

emby_server_log.txt

windows_event_log.txt

Is your server time zone set correctly? Looks like the server is waking up after the program has ended.