URI for Direct Launch

smokey7722

smokey7722

Anyone know what the URI would be for the Android TV client of Emby?  I'm working on setting up direct launch for a few clients but need the application's URI to do it.

smokey7722

Thanks, I'll play with it today and report back

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

smokey7722

Getting the direct launch on a Sony TV with Pro mode enabled.  Ultimately this allows us to enter the applications URI and when the TV is turned on, it will launch the application directly vs going to a TV channel or the AndroidTV home screen.  I'm looking at other options as well but figured I would update you guys.

smokey7722

And what happens when you try?

Using the package name, nothing, it just fails (no errors or anything).  It specifically states URI as the required value though so I am assuming it is different than the package name.

Okay, well, then I'm not sure what it is expecting then.  The above is a published intent filter in the app.

smokey7722

Okay, well, then I'm not sure what it is expecting then.  The above is a published intent filter in the app.

I reached out to my Sony rep to see if he can provide more details on the field (and maybe even an example for direct launching another app).  I'll let you know once I get that.

• 2 weeks later...
smokey7722

Sorry about the delay, I've got some more info that I am testing and will provide once I have some results from that.