Auto Boxsets and removing a collection

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

So, I have the Auto Boxsets plugin installed and generally it does an awesome job a correctly IDing and setting up my collections.

However, I added the old version of Batman from 1966 recently to my library. Auto Boxsets creates a collection with this movie as the only one in the set. I have the setting in the plugin itself set to only create a collection when there is more than 2 movies, so maybe this is also a bug?

I have other movies in my library that I only own one of when these have a part 2 and/or 3 and it isn't trying to create a boxset with those, only this one Batman movie for some reason.

Anyway, I went to delete the Boxset but it gives me the warning that it will delete this from the file system and my library. Is this really going to delete the file from my hard drive or just the boxset?

It won't delete the movie. It's just the same generic delete confirmation used everywhere else.

jasonmcroy

Ok, thanks. I thought that may be the case but I didn't want to be the one to test it! lol

• 2 weeks later...
jasonmcroy

Any ideas on how I can keep this collection I mentioned in my first post from continually being created every time the plugin does a scan?

Could there be a bug in the plugin causing it to create a collection when there is only one movie? That is all it creates when it does create the "boxset". Although, there are other movies that I only have one of that would have a collection created otherwise and those aren't showing up for some reason.

Anyway, I would love to have this corrected somehow.

EDIT: Nevermind - I finally went to the movies database website and figured out what's happening. First of all, it IS showing 2 movies in that collection. The original '66 movie and the animated Batman vs. Two-Face with the voice of Adam west. It is listed as a collection for those 2 movies on that website. 

So - my mistake - carry on with more important issues.

Edited by jasonmcroy